Saturday, December 31, 2011

Sew 12:12:1 in 2012

For 12 months, 12 days a month, I will sew for at least 1 hour. That is my #1 Resolution for the new year. I am going to take the time to do what I love to do. Sewing always ends up on the back burner, and I don't seem to get to do it as much as I want. I'm too tired, too busy, too lazy, etc. You know how it is; life gets in the way.

As I was straightening my craft room for company during the holidays, I realized just how my many unfinished projects I have. It was scary. I also never realized how much fabric I have or how many notions I have...that brings me to my #2 resolution. I will spend at least 6 of my scheduled 12 hours per month working on UFOs. Hopefully, this will reduce my pile mountain of UFOs. 

My #3 resolution definitely goes along with the first two. I will use my stash first before I buy anything to start a project. This may sound simple, but in reality, it is hard for me. I think of something I want to do, and I will buy everything I need to do it, even though I already have everything at home. This is how I have ended up with so much crap many duplicate notions and excess fabric. I plan on tracking exactly what I buy from this point forward, hopefully, spending as little as possible while churning out fabulous finished projects. 

I wish I could take credit for the wonderful idea of 12:12:1, but I actually ready about it here. I am, however, going to take this wonderful concept and make it my own personal challenge for this year. How about you? Are you up to my challenge? Are you ready to promise yourself to sew at least one hour a day, 12 days a month for the next 12 months? 

No comments: