Sunday, October 30, 2011

Halloween Costume for the Midget

A few weeks ago, Maggie informed me she wanted to be a witch for Halloween. I haven't idea where that idea came from, but there was no changing her mind. I didn't want her to be an ugly witch, so I decided to make her costume. That way I would have more control over how she looked.

I ended up making a long tutu using purple, black, and lime green tule
and then an overlay of sparkly black chiffon. I pared that with black leggings, a black shirt and black shoes. I took a cheap black witch hat and added braided chiffon ribbons to it, letting the ends hang down. I also used the lime ribbon for a belt. I think she looked adorable.


This is her scary face.


Here, she is practicing her cackling.


This photo was taken at our local Halloween festival. I entered Maggie I the costume contest, and out of about 40 4-6 year olds in her group, she won 2nd place!! She was sooooooo excited! For the contest, she used a broom as a prop. I also tied the 3 colors of chiffon ribbon to the end. It helped tie it all together.

I'm proud of the way it turned out, and she loves it, which is what matters the most.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: